Saturday, March 5, 2011

Unhyun palace...운현궁

           Today for Marie Story I went to Unhyeon palace. I have a cold but I had to walk in the cold weather. I don't understand why Marie Story chooses inside like museum whe the weatheris warm but always chose outside heritage like palaces when the weather is cold and bad. Anyways, according to teachers, Unhyeon palace is a personal house which belongs to Heung-seon-dae-won-gun and it's not even a palace but people just call it palace. In Unhyeon palace, the last king of Joseon dynasty, king Gojong lived with his wife Queen Min in his youth. The Palace had many rooms(?) named Noan-dang, Norak-dang, Iro-dang and ext. Noan-dang means 'living comfortably in old age' and is also men's living area. Heung-seon-dae-won-gun used this place to meet guests and discuss political issues. He also made hanging board using Kim jeong hee's letters. What about women's living area?? This place was called Norak-dang. This is in center and it's the largest building. Queen Min stayed in this area to study and have lessons but Heung-seon-dae-won-gun passed away in this place too. When I first got to Unhyeon palace, I thought that it was too big to be a person's house and I thought I would be very happy to live in a house this big. Even though I'm sure being a king and queen would be annoying, I wouldn't mind living in a house like Unhyeon palace but if I did, I would have made the walls higher so no theft can come in. Palace was somewhat beautiful and very educational but because of the bad weather, it wasn't the greatest heritage that I learned so far.

2 comments: