Thursday, January 13, 2011

Viral Video:Potter puppet pals-The Mysterious Ticking Noise^^

Todays essay was about viral videos. Viral videos come from the word virus which means to spread to people in very short time. Viral video that I picked to write about is Potter puppet pals, the mysterious ticking noise and you can certainly see why this video became famous. In this essay I had to talk about what this video is about, why this video became famous and how it's effected to the society. You can see the video right below and please enjoy my essay!!


Potter puppet pals: The mysterious ticking noise!!

               The video that I picked to do my essay on is potter puppet pals. I didn't know what video I should do but Gana helped me to pick out the best video. This is a video about harry potter and his pal's puppets doing funny stuff. It actually has no message but it's really funny. I think this video became popular and go viral because they are so funny. I found out that this video was nominated and won in the Comedy category in the 2008 YouTube Awards with 61.6% of the votes in that category. Over 90,000,000 people have watched this and thought it was humurous. In the video, Snape hears a strange ticking sound says that it has a catchy rhythm. So he began to singing with his name. Then Dumbledore, Ron , Hermione , and Harry Potter starts to sing with their name too. At the end, Ron discovers that the ticking sound came from a pipe bomb that exploded at the end.Then Lord Voldemort sing his name by himself. 

               I think peopel enjoy this video so much because they are very entertainable. I'm sure that most people have seen Harry potter in their lives. Because we already know the characters and their personality, when people see the parody of it, it seems very funny. The maker of this video is making funny scenes with the characters' real personality so I think that it what it makes the video funny and enjoyable.

               I think it's influence is not much of possitive. I understand that it makes people entertainable but when we actually watch the movie Harry Potter, I think it makes people to think about this video and saying that the video is more funnier. Also younger children who watch them will learn bad things like swearing and behaving unusually. There is a saying that monkeys see, monkeys do. That is exactly what children will do after watching this video.

2 comments:

  1. This video is so funny... It's the funniest among the other Harry Potter Puppet videos.

    ReplyDelete